Sunday, July 01, 2018

Marmalade

photo credit: BBC Good Food - Ultimate Seville Orange Marmalade

I cannot remember a time I didn't love the taste of marmalade. The taste and the smell both spark childhood memories of very happy moments spent with my maternal grandparents. In particular, bitter marmalade from Jamaica that I can't seem to find as an adult so I may be remembering the tin incorrectly.

You may be wondering what any of this has to do with @thelibraryladder bookishness. Reading and writing are entwined for me and I've committed to Camp Nanowrimo this July with a modest goal of writing 10,000 words by the end of the month. I've called the project Marmalade and the above picture is my current imaginary cover. It will be a collection of memories and while I'm unsure about their end format, they will turn into either one cohesive story or a collection of connected stories. Parts will be imagined due to fact checking being virtually impossible to accomplish but almost all the other parts will be what is considered creative non-fiction. Some of the words were previously written in one way or another they've struggled for a voice and I want to finally give them one.

Are you participating? Let me know so I can cheer you on! If you aren't but would like to then sign up and let's write our little hearts out!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home